As a diverse engineering company in Madison, WI committed to exceeding our client’s expectations we are looking for a superstar engineering student who has, first and foremost, the ability and desire to take ownership over assigned tasks, leading them to completion while working within a diverse team.
The diversity of work undertaken within DrJ Engineering will provide you with an extensive view and understanding of the structural engineering and building design professions. The tasks you will be working on will extend your academic knowledge and allow you to apply your coursework while taking back with you questions to be asked and answered in future classes. Additionally you will be serving clients, providing technical solutions to assist their needs.
We are open to taking on an Intern during any of the Spring, Summer, Fall semesters.
You will work under a junior engineer completing assigned engineering tasks.
Possible Job Responsibilities
- Perform repairs and modifications of metal plate connected wood trusses.
- Perform engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations of various structural systems, components, and connections.
- Perform literature research to determine current industry practices and condensing into easy to understand presentations.
- Performing site inspections and preparing evaluation reports.
- Creating and managing structural and architectural construction documents
- Growing a library of design details and Revit families for various types of projects
- Maintaining CAD and Revit companywide drafting standards
- Updating construction documents to reflect needed changes supplied by supervising engineers
- Apply engineering theory, design principles, and mechanics to various problems while preparing research, reports, calculation packages, design drawings, and presentations to communicate solutions.
- Prepare and analyze test plans, reports, and data analysis of new engineering products while researching standards to conform to applicable building codes.
- Completed Junior year of Civil Engineering degree program
- Coursework with an emphasis in Structures
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, VBA with a desire to go beyond the basics of these programs to create automated programs and processes
- Introductory knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Revit
- A desire to learn about the metal plate connected wood truss industry, including the history, design, and repair of trusses