As a diverse engineering company in Madison, WI committed to exceeding our clients expectations. We are looking for superstar drafter, designer, and problem solver who has first and foremost the ability and desire to take ownership over projects, leading them to success while working as part of a diverse team. Finding the right individual for this position will allow the team to pursue a variety of building design projects expanding and diversifying our current portfolio. If you are excited to be a part of a diverse and progressive technical team while taking ownership over drafting, building design, and building science considerations this position is for you.
Based on your skill set and experience level you will be put in charge of:
- Providing building design and project management services for various projects and clients.
- Researching building science issues and providing analysis and support to a variety of clients and projects.
- Building code research for product development and building design projects.
- Working independently creating construction documents and maintaining communication with building Owners and clients to work out constructability concerns, ensuring a quality set of construction documents.
- Creating and managing companywide CAD drafting and Revit modelling standards.
- Training other CAD users on the standards of drafting and modeling you create.
- Work through constructability concerns assisting various members of the Building Contractor team to propose solutions to a variety of construction issues.
- Preparing building designs and working with clients to capture their vision while setting budget and scheduling expectations.
- Preparing construction documents and specifications using AutoCAD and Revit.
- Preparing research reports on various building science topics and considerations.
- Preparing, submitting, and managing RFI’s on behalf of contractors while working through constructability concerns.
- Creating and managing structural and architectural construction documents
- Creating, managing, and growing a library of design details and Revit families for various types of projects
- Creating, managing, and maintaining CAD and Revit companywide drafting standards
- Managing projects by:
- Working with clients and owners to understand needs and desires
- Maintaining project schedules and setting expectations for clients and other team members
- Communicating with a variety of design team members to ensure documents are complete and accurate
- Updating construction documents to reflect needed changes supplied by supervising engineers
- Attention to detail and organized
- Beginner to Intermediate knowledge in AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, Revit, SketchUp, or similar, with an ability and desire to become an expert.
- Desire to create programming scripts in AutoCAD and Revit to create efficiencies, custom features, and automation alongside the drafting team.
- Experience with construction methods and connection details
- 0 – 5 years of experience in a combination of drafting, Building Design, and Internships
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, or related field
Interested? Submit a Resume.