As a diverse engineering company in Madison, WI we are committed to exceeding our clients’ expectations. We are looking for an individual who has the ability and desire to become immersed in building codes, applying this knowledge to various product evaluations assisting clients to enter and thrive in the building product marketplace. If you are excited to develop a comprehensive understanding of building codes, this position is for you.
Based on your skill set and experience level, you will:
- Researching building code provisions, intent, and background and providing analysis and support to a variety of clients and projects.
- Scrutinizing building codes and research reports for product development.
- Investigating ASTM & UL standards on a product-by-product basis.
- Creating, editing, and formalizing various technical documents for various audiences.
- Interviewing clients, product users, and technical resources while developing technical content.
- Publishing information through various types of media channels.
- Draft, edit, and review code compliance reports in accordance with company standards.
- Develop and review design details and installation instructions for accuracy and adequacy on a product-by-product basis.
- Communicate with clients to obtain the appropriate data and quality control documentation.
- Review and provide feedback on client quality assurance systems.
- Develop quality control and quality assurance programs alongside clients, during product development phases.
- Document how data and references are used along with any judgments, methodologies, and deviations made during evaluations.
- Communicate with various construction professionals both internal and external to the company to understand client issues to assist in resolving them.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Applied Engineering, Architecture, or related field with exceptional written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong reasoning skills in investigating problems, making decisions, and knowing when to get leadership involved.
- Experience with building science or construction industry backgrounds.
- Master’s degree in a technical communication field.