DrJ is seeking an individual with an interest in the building industry and excellent technical design skills. This is a part time or full time position preparing AutoCAD and Revit construction details from sketches or redline drawings under the supervision of an engineer. The work is technical, requiring the use of building codes, standards, and guidelines as well as specialized CAD skills.
- Generate structural and architectural construction documents following industry standards
- Create and manage a library of design details and Revit families for various types of projects
- Creating, managing, and maintaining CAD and Revit companywide drafting standards
- Working independently and on a team to support clients' needs
- Updating construction documents to reflect needed changes supplied by supervising engineers
- Anticipating constructability issues and communicating concerns to team
- Associates or better in Structural Design or related field (preferred)
- Attention to detail and organized
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, and Revit with a desire to become an expert
- Desire to improve efficiency through programming scripts in AutoCAD and Revit
DrJ believes that supporting product innovation for the construction marketplace has great value to consumers and the construction industry overall. We offer a new, streamlined approach for establishing the code compliance of alternative materials, methods, and designs. Founded in 2011, DrJ Engineering LLC was started to support the construction industry by evaluating new and innovative building materials, products, and processes for use in the structural and building envelope sector. DrJ’s team includes 15 people with collectively over 150 years of engineering experience and code development involvement dating back to 1995. In 2015, DrJ was accredited by ANSI as a product certification body under ISO/IEC 17065 to provide certification within our area of expertise (Scope of Accreditation). We excel at providing code compliance for alternative materials by providing research reports, called Technical Evaluation Reports (TER) from DrJ. Since the beginning, our team of professional engineers (PE) has provided the option for signed and sealed TERs, giving clients, design professionals, and building officials a higher level of confidence in the certified product.