As a diverse engineering company in Madison, WI committed to exceeding our clients expectations we are looking for superstar engineer who has first and foremost the ability and desire to take ownership over projects, leading them to success while working as part of a diverse team. We are often presented with various routine and diverse engineering problems that require technically sound solutions. If you are excited to work in a flat organizational environment with well-defined tasks and deadlines this position is for you.
You will work as part of a team to complete assigned engineering calculations, reports, and designs in preparation for review by senior engineers.
- Perform repairs and modifications of metal plate connected wood trusses.
- Perform engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations of various structural systems, components, and connections.
- Perform literature research to determine current industry practices and condensing into easy to understand presentations.
- Manage various tasks and priorities while ensuring all deadlines and client expectations are met.
- Performing site inspections and preparing evaluation reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Structures
- EIT with ability to obtain PE within 1 year, SE preferred
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, VBA with a desire to go beyond the basics of these programs to create automated programs and processes
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Experience with steel, concrete, and wood building design
- A desire to learn about the metal plate connected wood truss industry, including the history, design, and repair of trusses.
Interested? Submit a Resume.