As a diverse engineering company in Madison, WI committed to exceeding our clients’ expectations, we are looking for a superstar engineer who has, first and foremost, the ability and desire to take ownership over projects, leading them to success while working as part of a diverse team. We are often presented with complex and diverse engineering and building science problems that require economically viable and technically sound solutions that will bring clients value in their marketplaces. If you are excited and able to work in a flat organizational environment with varied tasks and the independence and autonomy to perform great structural engineering work guiding projects, this position is for you.
You will serve as a project manager by taking ownership over various engineering assignments. You will actively seek optimal solutions that are cost effective, technically sound, and meets the client’s stated objectives while managing budgets, schedules, and personnel involved in the project.
- Manage projects of varying complexity from start to finish while working independently with minimal oversight.
- Review junior, peer, and senior engineers’ work for accuracy and project goals.
- Apply engineering theory, design principles, and mechanics to various problems while preparing research, reports, calculation packages, design drawings, and presentations to communicate solutions.
- Mentor, teach, and write about engineering concepts for both technical and non-technical audiences, both internal and external to the company.
- Prepare and analyze test plans, reports, and data analysis of new engineering products while researching standards to conform to applicable building codes.
- Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering or related field such as Architectural Engineering or Structural Mechanics
- Working knowledge of RAM, RISA, STAAD, AutoDesk Robot, or other commercially available structural analysis program.
- EIT with ability to obtain PE within 1 year, SE preferred
- Working knowledge of building codes and material manuals for steel, concrete, and wood construction.
- Experience with preparing design drawings and plan sets in AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Experience in building science, building code application, and architectural design is a plus.
Interested? Submit a Resume.