DrJ is seeking an organized individual with an interest in the building industry and excellent technical and written communication skills. This is an entry level, full time position in a fast-paced environment with a variety of simultaneous projects. The position requires a strong understanding of engineering principles to find cost effective and technically sound solutions for clients. The work is technical and analytical, requiring the use of building codes, standards, and guidelines as well as specialized technical problem solving and ingenuity.
- Manage projects of different levels of complexity from proposal to completion with oversight from an engineer
- Apply engineering theory, design principles, and mechanics to various structural engineering design problems
- Prepare research reports, calculation packages, design drawings, and presentations to communicate solutions for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Prepare and analyze test plans, reports, and data analysis of new, engineered products while researching standards to confirm conformance to building codes
- Perform site inspections with structural engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Structures
- EIT with ability to obtain PE
- Experience with steel, concrete, and wood building design
- Experience using AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Interest in developing automated systems for repetitive tasks using TEDDS, VBA, Mathcad, etc.
- Ability to use Finite Element Analysis software (e.g., SAP2000, RISA)
DrJ believes that supporting product innovation for the construction marketplace has great value to consumers and the construction industry overall. We offer a new, streamlined approach for establishing the code compliance of alternative materials, methods, and designs. Founded in 2011, DrJ Engineering LLC was started to support the construction industry by evaluating new and innovative building materials, products, and processes for use in the structural and building envelope sector. DrJ’s team includes 15 people with collectively over 150 years of engineering experience and code development involvement dating back to 1995. In 2015, DrJ was accredited by ANSI as a product certification body under ISO/IEC 17065 to provide certification within our area of expertise (Scope of Accreditation). We excel at providing code compliance for alternative materials by providing research reports, called Technical Evaluation Reports (TER) from DrJ. Since the beginning, our team of professional engineers (PE) has provided the option for signed and sealed TERs, giving clients, design professionals, and building officials a higher level of confidence in the certified product.