DrJ is seeking an extremely organized individual with an interest in the building industry and excellent technical and written communication skills. This is an entry level, full time position in a fast-paced environment with a variety of simultaneous projects. The work is technical and analytical, requiring the use of building codes, standards, and guidelines as well as specialized technical problem solving and ingenuity.
- Review and summarize test data for product evaluation
- Draft Technical Evaluation Reports (TERs) with oversight of a senior engineer
- Research building code requirements for product certification and efficiently communicate findings
- Review quality assurance and quality control documentation for completeness
- Take ownership of tasks and engage experienced staff to bring projects to completion
- Seek out knowledge and have a desire to learn building code content, construction methods, industry trends, and client needs
- Participate in continuing education with an interest in becoming a subject matter expert
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an emphasis in Structures
- Knowledge of steel, concrete, and wood design
- Excellent written communication skills
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage time and prioritize a variety of simultaneous projects
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and VBA with a desire to go beyond the basics of these programs to create automated programs and processes
DrJ believes that supporting product innovation for the construction marketplace has great value to consumers and the construction industry overall. We offer a new, streamlined approach for establishing the code compliance of alternative materials, methods, and designs. Founded in 2011, DrJ Engineering LLC was started to support the construction industry by evaluating new and innovative building materials, products, and processes for use in the structural and building envelope sector. DrJ’s team includes 15 people with collectively over 150 years of engineering experience and code development involvement dating back to 1995. In 2015, DrJ was accredited by ANSI as a product certification body under ISO/IEC 17065 to provide certification within our area of expertise (Scope of Accreditation). We excel at providing code compliance for alternative materials by providing research reports, called Technical Evaluation Reports (TER) from DrJ. Since the beginning, our team of professional engineers (PE) has provided the option for signed and sealed TERs, giving clients, design professionals, and building officials a higher level of confidence in the certified product.