As a diverse engineering company in Madison, WI committed to exceeding our clients expectations, we are looking for superstar drafter and designer who has first and foremost the ability and desire to take ownership over projects, leading them to success while working as part of a diverse team. Finding the right individual for this position will allow the team to pursue a variety of building design projects expanding and diversifying our current portfolio. If you are excited to be a part of a diverse and progressive technical team while taking ownership over drafting and building design, this position is for you.
You will create and manage companywide CAD drafting and Revit modelling standards. While working independently, you will create construction documents and maintain communication with building Owners and clients to work out constructability concerns, ensuring a quality set of construction documents. You will train other CAD users on the standards of drafting and modeling you create.
- Creating and managing structural and architectural construction documents
- Creating, managing, and growing a library of design details and Revit families for various types of projects
- Creating, managing, and maintaining CAD and Revit companywide drafting standards
- Managing projects by:
- Working with clients and owners to understand needs and desires
- Maintaining project schedules and setting expectations for clients and other team members
- Communicating with a variety of design team members to ensure documents are complete and accurate
- Update construction documents to reflect needed changes supplied by supervising engineers
- Attention to detail and organized
- Experience in structural design and detailing
- Expert knowledge in AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, and Revit
- Ability and desire to create programming scripts in AutoCAD and Revit to create efficiencies and custom features for the drafting team
- Experience with steel, concrete, and wood building design
- Experience with construction methods and connection details
- 8 – 10 years of experience in a combination of drafting, CAD, Revit, Building Design
- Associate’s degree in Architectural Design, or related field, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Inventor, 3DS Max or any 3D CAD a plus
Interested? Submit a Resume.